Wednesday, December 3, 2008


Here is my little Christmas Confession
Every Christmas eve, It is almost impossible for me to fall asleep.  I still believe in the Christmas spirit. All night I sit up and hope that in the morning when I wake up a miracle has occurred.  A present I have always wanted or didn't even know I wanted would be waiting for me under the tree. 
That element of surprise and anticipation still keeps me up and I love it. Here is my draw back,
when I wake up in the morning and there is no miracle, it tends to depress me, and my Christmas day is ruined. Now the Question, (MY DELIMA) do I pass this on to my children? 

Alexis:  "Mommy, Santa isn't real, is he?"   
Mom:   "What do you Think"
Alexis:  "I don't think he is real Mommy, is he"
Mom     "uhh, Lets ask your dad"

Do I Say: "No, Santa isn't real".  Tell her the truth and crush any anticipation of a Christmas miracle happening that night.  Or do I LIE and say" yep Santa exists"  and have her follow in my footsteps of disappointment when her Christmas wish doesn't come true? 

5 comments:

Like sisters musings about life... said...

Hey Missy, It would be nice to know you had a blog....LOL! Here is my answer (you tell Ally and the whole world around her will know the Santa secret) LOL. My sister-in-law told her daughter as long as you believe you will get gifts....So she is 20 and won't tell a single soul that she doesn't believe in Santa. ...LOL Make her watch the Polar Express!

Heather said...

I will agree with Erin, you tell Ally and every other kids hopes and dreams will be dashed. I will let Madelyn and Spencer believe for as long as I can but it is fun to watch them in the morning (granted Madelyn doesn't mind if Santa can't bring her what she really wants.)

Missy said...

Alexis' Dad here, like you remind me all to often, she will grow up soon enough. The magic of the Christmas season has been robbed from our Savior Jesus Christ already. We should do our best to let her know the true meaning of Christmas without robbing her of the Idea of Santa. We must do something to rekindle the spark of wonder in her eyes, to make Christmas and Santa more than the giver of gifts, but a physical representation of the love we have for those around us. That is what the gifts represent, Love form our friends and family.

Sarah Garner said...

HELLO! Who do you think delivers all those presents on Christmas Eve?!

Welcome to blogging!

Shelly said...

Polar express is a great idea! All of my kids got bells for Christmas from the Dollar Store and Connor believed for a few more years. By the way, Kathy really misses you!